Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Surrendered

I am in awe. The Lord breathed life into a dream that has been dead in my heart for so long. Missions….now? Where? How? Immediately there were questions, fears, doubts. But when the Lord speaks to your heart there is peace. Peace that goes beyond your understanding. Such that you don’t need all the answers or all the pieces of the puzzle to see that God’s hand is present and it will only happen with his help.

So many things have come together so fast. We feel very strongly that we are to eventually go to La Paz, Bolivia. I never even knew where Bolivia was! But God is quickly giving me a love for this country and the people there. I can even picture myself in the little hats that some of the women wear! I am praying daily for the Lord to increase my love for the country of Bolivia. There are so many people and therefore, so many opportunities to bring the message of a loving God to a people who have never heard.

There are many emotions that I feel myself pushing down. Biggest one – saying good bye. I have to remind myself…sometimes by the hour that it will be hard but there is no point in dwelling on it too soon. This calling means more to me than my own comfort. I have surrendered my life to the One who saved me and I will go wherever he asks me to go. It is a cross I am willing to bear. He will give me the strength I need.

I am excited to go with my family to the mission field. I know that these precious boys possess certain gifts and callings that the Lord will continue to reveal as they grow. They are so adventurous and brave. I know that this is a family calling and that God has had this in mind from the beginning. I trust him and know that we are safe in the center of his will. Our family will go together, and together we will bring the amazing message of his love and grace to Bolivia.

I am also very thankful that God has connected our hearts with Seth and Ashley and their family. How very kind of the Lord to send us with a family…our friends to do this great adventure together. We will put all of our strengths, abilities and creativity together and we will be a great team! Our hearts are open. Our ears are listening. Our minds are racing. Our spirits are dreaming. We are surrendered. We are yours Lord.

I feel like this mission is bigger than our minds can comprehend at this moment. God dreams are like that. You have to start with what you can do, what is possible. As you follow the steps God lays out for you, day by day you will find yourself doing what, at one time, seemed impossible.

This is only the beginning….

Surrendered to the call,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment